Monday, February 21, 2005

Current Events...


13 October - 03 November 2007

"Words are not Enough"
Exhibition at the Galleria d'Arte Contemporanea "La Mimosa"
Palazzo Caetani, Cisterna, Italy



I am taking part in both of the following venues and am going to be at each openning:



















About Me

My photo
Having been born and bred in the Russia of the pre-Perestroika era left me with the great gift of emotional dependence upon family and friends, as well as the advantages of a cheerful disrespect for any sort of propoganda or any kind of authority. I've recieved my education in Brezhnev's Russia and Blair's Britain and have lived in Moscow in the USSR, Newcastle on Tyne and London in Britain, Eindhoven in the Netherlands, Geneva in Switzerland before settling down in France. I feel I have a few stories to tell combined with a strong desire for an audience: the resulting hot-pot can be found in my paintings, some of which are found on this website. It gives me great pleasure to work in different styles, as it signifies fun and freedom, the qualities greatly appriciated by anybody who, like me, has had an experience of a totalitarian upbringing. Similarly, I use any medium available to paint with: oil, watercolours, gouache, charcoal, pure pigments, pencil, ink, pastel, acril - anything! - and on any support: paper, wood panels, cardboard, canvass, etc.